Because everyone has a different way of seeing things.
This video illustrates the beauty of SmartView. There is no other like it!
- Small "chiklets" are Tasks.
- Wide ones are Events.
Virtually every piece of information you need about a Task or Event is contained in this view:
- The number of horizontal lines on the left side indicates the relative duration.
- The icon on the left of each indicates the time Context.
- The color represents the Project.
- Badges indicate the # of days to completion of any Deadline Task.
- Events with Alerts or Repeats have little icons on the left.
- The Dynamic Date Line shows you how many Tasks you can fit into today - and tomorrow. Watch how it moves throughout the day. This is completely unique among organizers.
In SmartView, you can move any Task simply by touching it and dragging it with your finger. This changes the priority of the task in relation to all other tasks.
- Tap any item once, to pull up the Action Menu.
- Tap any item twice, to edit it.
- Note you cannot move an Event in SmartView. This is to protect you from doing anything stupid. But don't worry, you can move Events in Calendar view, to your heart's content!
This may look like a traditional day Calendar, but it is not because it also includes Tasks that you can do some interesting things with.
- Events appear flush against the left.
- Tasks appear indented slightly to the right.
- All Day events sit at the top. Scroll through multiple All Day Events by tapping on the Project color icons, as shown here.
- You can "flip" to the next day by using a finger gesture.
- You can move any Event up or down the timeline.
- Notice how Tasks are not allowed to overlap with an Event. So if you move an Event over a Task, the Task will "get out of the way." Cool!
- You can also move Tasks. This automatically turns the Task into an Event. Why? Because you just gave it a specific start and end time!
- You can convert any Event back into a Task just by double-tapping to edit, then selecting "Task.
- Read more about the options in our Blog Post .
The purpose of Focus View is to provide a place for reflection: See how much you have done, and how much you have yet to do. In one view.
- The main view of Focus is split into two screens: To Today and Done Today.
- All Tasks and Events that you mark "Done" in any of our Views, will show up here in "Done Today"
- Ideally, as your day progresses, you can watch the "Do Today" section shrink and the "Done Today" section grow.
- Project colors are shown on left.
- Item type - Event, Task or All Day Event, is shown by the icon type.
- The time of an Event is shown in red, on the right.
- The Date of a Task is also shown in red.
- Tap on any item to select it and pull up the Action Menu at the bottom.
- Tap on any item and select the "More" button to edit that item.
- Tap on "Hide Done Today" to get a full list of everything that is scheduled for you today. Careful!
- Tap on the History icon on the top left to show a History of completed items for each day.